Paul holds a MSc degree in chemical engineering from the "Ecole Européenne de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux" (E.C.P.M.) from Strasbourg (France), and a MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Strasbourg. Paul works as a Research Engineer in the Human Biomonitoring Research Unit (HBRU) since 2016.
• Development of new analytical methods to identify and quantify biomarkers of exposure to pollutants in biological matrices such as blood, urine and hair.
• Extraction and analysis of samples with chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry
• Data treatment
• Technical support and management of technical aspects
• Management and maintenance of the lab equipment
• Inventory and purchase of lab consumables and materials
I contribute to all the research projects of the lab thanks to my expertise in liquid and gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry and in extraction and purification of biological samples.
I also provide technical support to researchers and students on their projects and ensure the maintenance and good performance and reliability of the lab equipment.
• Liquid and Gas chromatography
• Mass spectrometry
• Biomarkers identification and exposure assessment
• Biological samples extraction
• Purification techniques (SPE, SLE, LLE, …)
• Management and maintenance of lab equipment
• Technical support
• Biomonitoring of fast-elimination endocrine disruptors - Results from a 6-month follow up on human volunteers with repeated urine and hair collection.
July 15, 2021
2021 Jul. Sci Total Environ.778:146330. Epub 2021 Mar 9.
By: Fays F Hardy EM Palazzi P Haan S Beausoleil C Appenzeller BMR.
• Is there an optimal sampling time and number of samples for assessing exposure to fast elimination endocrine disruptors with urinary biomarkers?
December 10, 2020
2020 Dec. Sci Total Environ.747:141185. Epub 2020 Jul 25.
By: Fays F Palazzi P Hardy EM Schaeffer C Phillipat C Zeimet E Vaillant M Beausoleil C Rousselle C Slama R Appenzeller BMR.
• Human exposure to PCBs, PBDEs and bisphenols revealed by hair analysis: A comparison between two adult female populations in China and France.
December 01, 2020
2020 Dec. Environ Pollut.267:115425. Epub 2020 Aug 15.
By: Peng FJ Hardy EM Beranger R Mezzache S Bourokba N Bastien P Li J Zaros C Chevrier C Palazzi P Soeur J Appenzeller BMR.
• Exposure to multiclass pesticides among female adult population in two Chinese cities revealed by hair analysis.
May 01, 2020
2020 May. Environ Int.138:105633. Epub 2020 Mar 14.
By: Peng FJ Hardy EM Mezzache S Bourokba N Palazzi P Stojiljkovic N Bastien P Li J Soeur J Appenzeller BMR.
• Ultra performance liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometer method applied to the analysis of both thyroid and steroid hormones in human hair.
February 08, 2020
2020 Feb. J Chromatogr A.1612:460648. Epub 2019 Oct 26.
By: Grova N Wang X Hardy EM Palazzi P Chata C Appenzeller BMR.
• Blood pharmacokinetic of 17 common pesticides in mixture following a single oral exposure in rats: implications for human biomonitoring and exposure assessment.
October 01, 2019
2019 Oct. Arch Toxicol.93(10):2849-2862. Epub 2019 Aug 19.
By: Chata C Palazzi P Grova N Haan S Emond C Vaillant M Appenzeller BMR.
Biomonitoring of children exposure to urban pollution and environmental tobacco smoke with hair analysis - A pilot study on children living in Paris and Yeu Island, France.
May 15, 2019
2019 May. Sci Total Environ.665:864-872. Epub 2019 Feb 13.
By: Palazzi P Hardy EM Appenzeller BMR.
• Exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in women living in the Chinese cities of BaoDing and Dalian revealed by hair analysis.
December 01, 2018
2018 Dec. Environ Int.121(Pt 2):1341-1354. Epub 2018 Nov 9.
By: Palazzi P Mezzache S Bourokba N Hardy EM Schritz A Bastien P Emond C Li J Soeur J Appenzeller BMR.
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison
1445 Strassen, LUXEMBOURG
Tel. : +352 26 970 662